A place for inspiration, information, and celebration.

Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year's Musings




I’ve never been one to make New Year’s resolutions. To me, if feels like setting myself up for disappointment, so I set goals instead, and take some time to look back on the year that’s just ended.

I have to say 2010 was a much better year than 2009. I began the year by finally landing a job, which I started on January 4. This term I’m teaching ESL and Grade 10, a nice low-stress combination. My father’s health scare had a positive outcome, there were no crises in Everett’s family, I got one book written and published and am closing in on finishing another. I’m playing guitar again, and making slow but steady progress on getting in shape. Officially, nine pounds and 11.5 inches down since starting at Curves in October. At this rate, meeting my goal of 20 pounds by mid-March seems doable.

Personal goals for 2011: To stay with my exercise and healthy eating program permanently and let my body find its natural weight. To contact friends more often, on and off-line. To persevere with my writing goals, which I discuss on my other blog, A Chat With Jennie Marsland. To remember to be grateful, each and every day, for all the good things in my life. I read somewhere once that if the only prayer a person ever says is ‘thank you’, that can be enough.


How are you seeing the year ahead?

2 comments:

  1. Apparently several blog people have decided this year that it's better to have goals then resolutions...I'm one of them. I going to follow you so I can keep up with what you're doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Theanne, welcome! You have the honor of being my first poster. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete